Hanged Men

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Post by Droo »

You don't need to defend me, JuriDawn. Remember, I can defend myself easily. *hovers finger over the BAN button*

Which is sadder, my analyzing a series I love (which is what this forum is for) or taking the time to flame someone (and a Staff Member, no less) on a forum set up for such discussion?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Talk2Luke has sand in his panties, but I don't know if pulling the "LOL B&!" card is the way to go here. I think that's kind of immature, to be honest. The guy just has some problems with theories, for whatever reason. Maybe someone kept shooting down his and he holds a grudge.

He's fighting a losing battle, regardless. What git comes to an online forum and tries to discourage theories?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Maybe he's not here for theories...maybe just for help in the games themselves? Or maybe i just think to highly of people i don't know.
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

Maybe he's here just.. because...
[img]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6431/sigop2rt1.gif[/img]
Thanks to HammeringInMyHead for Re-Master this Sig... Awesome..
Talk2Luke
Just Passing Through

Post by Talk2Luke »

valkyrie wrote:Maybe he's not here for theories...maybe just for help in the games themselves? Or maybe i just think to highly of people i don't know.
Precisely, I'm one of the those people who just looks at a game for what it is, not for what I think it could possible be about, the games don't have the most complicated storylines or anything.
F

Post by F »

Regardless, you oughta be careful with the shite you blather. Or else you're gone.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Talk2Luke wrote:
valkyrie wrote:Maybe he's not here for theories...maybe just for help in the games themselves? Or maybe i just think to highly of people i don't know.
Precisely, I'm one of the those people who just looks at a game for what it is, not for what I think it could possible be about, the games don't have the most complicated storylines or anything.
Youare rude.And in Silent Hill is not certain for sure any theory at all.The game is extremely complex, and the movie tells me that the hanged bodies are members of the cult.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Could we get back on topic please? This merits no more attention, as trolls feed on it. Ignore them, and maybe they will go away.

That said, you absolutely cannot use anything from the movie to try and gain a deeper understanding of the games. The two are completely separate, and one only needs to look so far as Dahlia Gillespie to realize this.
Lives in the mirror"
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

Sorry, you are right.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I do, however, think that given the fact that the strung-up bodies in Silent Hill 1, who dress similar to Pyramid Head (who we know dressed in tribute to Valtiel), that it is safe to say that the hanged/crucified bodies in Silent Hill 1 are representations of the cult members. I don't believe they actually are, however.

I think the only person that Alessa intentionally dragged into her world is Kauffman. Lisa isn't really Lisa at all, Harry and Cybil were both accidents, and I think Dahlia made her way into Foggy Silent Hill herself, in an attempt to find Alessa.
Lives in the mirror"
DarKnight90
Just Passing Through

Post by DarKnight90 »

Talk2Luke wrote:
Drewfus wrote:The hanged men could be explained in two ways:

1) Burning was not the only means of execution during the Salem Witch Trails. Hanging was also used.

2) Also, or perhaps extending from the above point, Alessa is executing Order members in her reality in this fashion. The Order is hunting Alessa, hence they could be viewed as witch-hunters.
It's post like this which make me think... Please, get a life... at least a girlfriend (or boyfriend) please :-/.
You are a registered and active user on a internet forum all about a video game.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v129/CyRaX123/logo3.jpg[/img]
B5160-R
Historical Society Historian

Post by B5160-R »

^ You're right, but let's get back to the topic, please.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

All right!. So the hanged men are there just because...???
Talk2Luke
Just Passing Through

Post by Talk2Luke »

Most likely, they're creepy, that's all.
[url]http://www.traxor-designs.com/[/url]
SilentHillgod
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentHillgod »

No No No, it's to show that this is gonna happen to you if you don't finish the game! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
"Nothing can stop the power of life-not even death"
bigmatt87
Just Passing Through

Post by bigmatt87 »

theyre hanged but it also looks like they are chained up in what looks like a "bag" or i could be their seered fleshed i really dont know any suggestions???
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/Bigmatt87/sig1.jpg[/img]
Numboy
Gravedigger

Post by Numboy »

Theyre hanged and inside some kind of bag... like a kidnapping...
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

actually that 'bag' is ceremonial robe 8)
Talk2Luke
Just Passing Through

Post by Talk2Luke »

Son_of_Kauffman wrote:
Talk2Luke wrote:
Youare rude.And in Silent Hill is not certain for sure any theory at all.The game is extremely complex, and the movie tells me that the hanged bodies are members of the cult.
When creating Silent Hill 1, they weren't thinking about a movie were they? No, the movie came out almost 8 years later. They're there for effect.
Denizen
Just Passing Through

Post by Denizen »

I always saw the hanged men not as corpses, but rather statues representing gatekeepers to the Otherworld. They seem to appear every time Harry enters the Otherworld. The painting in the lounge has two of them on either side of a door, as if guarding it. Perhaps they represent the twin gods: Lobsel Vith and Xuchilbara, or similar entities.

Regardless, I like to think of them as forshadowing both Pyramid Head and Valtiel. Perhaps it's because they usually appear in pairs (not always), and wear similar robes. For me, it conjures up an image of one statue coming to life and becoming the Pyramid Head that James encounters, while the other became Valtiel to Heather. But that's just me.