The presentation for the credits is AMAZING!

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

The presentation for the credits is AMAZING!

Post by pwn3d91 »

When I saw the movies in the theaters I was running late for an appointment and had to go even though I started to hear "You're not here" anyway, I bought my DVD and sat through the credits and was just blown away simply by the way the visuals were done! I put this here because the credits contains some spoilers in them but anyway here they are :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4F_G1rYvgkc
FACT:Jesus indeed does NOT love the little children.
Prinny
Just Passing Through

Post by Prinny »

Hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I liked the credits better than the movie itself :lol:
pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

Post by pwn3d91 »

Prinny wrote:Hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I liked the credits better than the movie itself :lol:
ha :lol: no one can blame you forhaving an opinion sir ;) After reading my post it seems a bit geeky but It stil juist blows me away, I don't know what's so signifigant about it but...well I don't know! lol
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

I think the credits are just as good as the movies itself. I love the song they play.
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.
Silent Vamphyri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Silent Vamphyri »

I thought those credits kicked ass. & that song is from Silent Hill 3, I think.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I thought that the credits were brilliant, not like what you get at the end of other movies. The song is alright, but it´s not one of my favorite songs from Silent Hill, but it seemed to work well. I can´t wait to get it on DVD though!
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I had the SAME reaction! When I was at the movie theater I was with a bunch of friends who who did not play the games. So they all got up and wanted to leave (they didn't like the movie much). So when I bought the DVD this week and watched it, of course I was going to watch the credits roll. It was fantastic I must say. And I loved how the movie ended with Lost Carol and started the credits with You're Not Here, the beginning of SH3 soundtrack. The visuals were such a treat, and then hearing Theme of Laura finished it off with much love.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

No doubt about it - they kick ass. And I can't believe that we were two of only four people who stayed in the theatre to watch them!!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
ValtielInvoked
Just Passing Through

Post by ValtielInvoked »

I know! Those credits kicked some major ass.
There were some nifty visuals of PH,Nurses,Dark Alessa,almost all the monsters in the film.
That was a well designed credits sequence.
I reject your reality and substitute my own :]
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6540/vat1psdjf6.jpg[/img]
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Those credits kick butt. I've never seen them before as I saw a pirate copy and there were no credits on it. Nice! :D
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Ethos

Post by Ethos »

I saw the credits when the movie was still on. I got there at the end of the film (of course, that wasn't our show, though) and I was able to see the credits that way. When the film ended again, I'd already seen everything so when You're Not Here played and the lights came back on, it was leaving time lol.

I thought they were really spectacular, and each time I watch the movie, I make sure to sit through the whole thing, animated credits and the Tears Of.../Theme of Laura credit roll.

I think a few people stayed to see them, but left when Tears Of... played. The showing I watched, no one stayed for the credits, I assume.
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I was surprised really, im used to movies just going to the basic black screen with white words after the movie ended.

I too wanted to stay for the credits but the people in the theatre wanted to go pretty quick. Same for Snakes on a Plane...
silenthell88
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by silenthell88 »

nice

I'm not the only SH fan who loved the credits and watched it to the end listening to the music etc. lol The only thing that annoyed me was they didn't give the name of the nurse actress yet gave the name of everybody else. I had to look her up on IMDB.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

They did name Lisa in the credits, after the terrific cg sequence, as was a "slashing nurse" and "male cultist." It's Emily something. I'm don't have photographic memory. But I agree with you. They had an excellent opportunity of naming her in that said end sequence.

I loved the cg sequence. It captured the dark nightmare feel of the games almost into a mini movie; it was clever in placing the photos and names of the actors in the midst of the scenery. It was like the title graphic after the introduction of the movie: very well done.
Hurm...
Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

My sister had to deal with me pawing at her shoulder during the whole movie, and the closing sequence was no different. Of course I usually squeal when anything Mary related is on, "You're Not Here" holds a special place in my heart because that's what introduced me to her. :3
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

I just watched the credits through completely, and they we're awesome... I didn't even know Them e of Laura came on near the end.
breremarer
Just Passing Through

Post by breremarer »

Just wanted to concur. I don't care what people say: If the credits of your movie (opening or ending) are awesome, your film has already won a special place in my heart. These ending credits rock. I stayed in the theater as well because I had been waiting to see if they were going to play "You're Not Here" (it's to date my favorite SH song).

Heh, I didn't know Theme of Laura came at the end, either. I will have a new appreciation for the credits when I buy the DVD.
pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

Post by pwn3d91 »

yeah I had only played SH 1 and 2 and I am looking for three now so I never heard "you're not here" until the film and I love it now.
Yunee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yunee »

I have to agree, some of the best ending credits i have ever seen, so well done! Well thought out, everything just jelled together nicely, and the music worked pretty well too, I think.
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/218/0/2/You_bet__they_die____by_Yunee.jpg[/img]

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

Yeah the credits are amazing, it has 3 of my favorite Silent Hill songs and the way the camera angles into the details is also really cool. It gives me a lot of the feelings from the games and the fan community where Christophe Gans shared his vision.

I completely loved the movie, after all it was the reason I started playing the games. :wink:
Last edited by Chrism~ on 20 Mar 2008, edited 1 time in total.