2 Cults?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Obswalq
Just Passing Through

Post by Obswalq »

Grimwar wrote:Besides if she could summon PH, wouldn't she have done it to Anna when they were in the Hotel and Anna was harassing her there?
Precisely! Besides, even if Dahlia could control the Otherworld, wouldn't she have summoned Pyramid Head (or another creature for that matter) to kill Anna long before Rose, Sharon, and Cybil entered the town? It's obvious that rocks were thrown at her beforeso this leads me to believe that Alessa summoned Pyramid Head, and Dahlia did not.

End of story.
[url=http://myspace.com/cayurband][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/theamalgamut/cayursmall.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

*sigh, shakes head* The world was changing, PH had been chasing them. Get this people: the foggy half of Silent Hill and the Hell half run in parallel. So as Rose and them headed for the church, so did PH. She didn't summon anything, geez. She POINTED to PH like "Look there before you throw that rock!". I don't don't see why people read so much into something. :shock:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>So as Rose and them headed for the church, so did PH.
No. The red pyramid thing materializes out of the [otherside]; it wasn't following them. If it were following them, it wouldn't have suddenly appeared behind Anna & Dahlia--it would've had to've climbed the stairs just as everyone else had.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What's interesting is that in SH2 Pyramid Head exists in the normal world too, I don't think this really affects the movie though.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

St. Thomas wrote:>So as Rose and them headed for the church, so did PH.
No. The red pyramid thing materializes out of the [otherside]; it wasn't following them. If it were following them, it wouldn't have suddenly appeared behind Anna & Dahlia--it would've had to've climbed the stairs just as everyone else had.
Uh, NO. In his world, PH got to the TOP of the stairs and waited. Then when the shift came, he was already there.

REMEMBER what parallel from math means. PH can do what he wants AT THE SAME TIME as Rose, Cybil and Anna was. He was going to the church, maybe he did that alot to catch some stragglers, and then when the shift came and the worlds merged he was where he was at and they were where they were at.
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Apr 2006, edited 1 time in total.
Obswalq
Just Passing Through

Post by Obswalq »

sandmanfvr wrote:*sigh, shakes head* The world was changing, PH had been chasing them. Get this people: the foggy half of Silent Hill and the Hell half run in parallel. So as Rose and them headed for the church, so did PH. She didn't summon anything, geez. She POINTED to PH like "Look there before you throw that rock!". I don't don't see why people read so much into something. :shock:
No, they were running from the Otherworld as it was spreading. Dahlia and Rose began to talk about Alessa and Sharon, and in the middle of the whole thing, Anna threw at damn rock at Dahlia and shouted, "Filth and lies" because she was speaking against her faith. Anna picked up another rock, but before she could throw it, Dahlia pointed (not saying she summoned PH, stfu) and PH appeared behind her.

Again, I'm not saying that Dahlia summoned Pyramid Head, I'm just saying that MAYBE Alessa summoned him to stop Anna from throwing a rock at Dahlia.
[url=http://myspace.com/cayurband][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/theamalgamut/cayursmall.jpg[/img][/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sandmanfvr wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:>So as Rose and them headed for the church, so did PH.
Uh, NO. In his world, PH got to the TOP of the stairs and waited. Then when the shift came, he was already there.

REMEMBER what parallel from math means. PH can do what he wants AT THE SAME TIME as Rose, Cybil and Anna was. He was going to the church, maybe he did that alot to catch some stragglers, and then when the shift came and the worlds merged he was where he was at and they were where they were at.
No. When the HEll version starts materializing in Silent Hill the creatures, including Pyramid head appear/grow from the ground. Watch it again.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Like I said, PH can and was doing stuff in the hell world at the same time.

Thanks gritty. See when the burnt children and PH/bugs went away, they just faded away from reality. BUT they were still there in THEIR reality. Thus he started to go to the church and then when the merge happened, BAM he was there. NO summon, just he was there. Simple. People, quit over analyzing this. No offense.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Uh, NO! DUH! It materialized out of the [otherside]. There's nothing to indicate that the pyramid thing was chasing the cultists; when they yelled "It's coming!" they're talking about the [otherside]'s transition, not red pyramid red.

The foggy reality is the same as the [otherside]: there's only two dimensions: reality & unreality; there aren't three separate layers--the foggy unreality becomes the [otherside]. The red pyramid head reverts back into nothing when the [otherside] fades away, as it's seen to do twice.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

He was chasing Rose and Cybil thus why he caught them in the otherworld and pinned them in the room. FIRST he saw Rose, then he was coming after her, then Cybil showed up. Then the shift came and they got away. Then PH was in his reality still going after them, but he was going to where he thought they would go or maybe he just went after the cultist. No summoning at all.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sandmanfvr wrote:Like I said, PH can and was doing stuff in the hell world at the same time.

Thanks gritty. See when the burnt children and PH/bugs went away, they just faded away from reality. BUT they were still there in THEIR reality. Thus he started to go to the church and then when the merge happened, BAM he was there. NO summon, just he was there. Simple. People, quit over analyzing this. No offense.
Seriously watch it again. If people payed attention there wouldnt be so many theories and more discussions on the facts.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

No it wasn't. The sirens sound when the transition from the foggy reality to the [otherside] is coming; it has nothing to do with the red pyramid head.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

So from the games where the hell reality comes and stuff moves, then that is nothing? From the games the hell reality changed and when you went in you could see monsters had moved.
Obswalq
Just Passing Through

Post by Obswalq »

Okay, the game and the movie are very different.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There is no correlation between the occurrences in the games & in the film; they are completely separate; they are parallel universes that have no impact on the other.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

sandmanfvr wrote:So from the games where the hell reality comes and stuff moves, then that is nothing? From the games the hell reality changed and when you went in you could see monsters had moved.

This isnt the game. The movie is not in continuity with the games.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just don't understand how you guys don't see the hell reality being seperate. That was what was shown in the games. The plot is different, yes, but who cares. That world exists and goes on when the fog reality merges or not. If you were a monster and started from the suv and walked toward the church, then say 3 merges happen, you would still be walking to the church. Whether you were merged or not. I just imagine two copies of the world and they work seperately. Makes sense to me.

EDIT: To be so far from the game is stupid. Plot changes doesn't mean the movie isn't Silent Hill. I was impressed on how the worlds were done and they were done exactly like the games. If you don't agree, oh well. PH was NOT summoned. He was just "there" like you say or he walked there and met them at a weird time like I think. Just when the merge happens, monsters are there.
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Apr 2006, edited 2 times in total.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Because the monsters disappear into the [otherside] when the transition occurs: they don't continue walking or anything--they simply vanish into the [otherside]. It happens to the grey children at the beginning of the film; it happens to the cockroaches; it happens to the red pyramid head.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If they don't walk and/or move in that reality, then how does the position of the monsters change when a new merge happens?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Because they appear out of the [otherside]. Have you not read a thing I've said?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.