Dark Alessa crying

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Dark Alessa crying

Post by SH3girl32 »

This is probably a really simple question to answer but I was wondering, why does Dark Alessa cry? Is it to lure Rose? Or is it because she remembers what horrible things happened to Alessa at the places she brings Rose to? And when she cries in the bathroom and when Rose opens the door she's gone.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I think it's representing the tourment she got at school. The bullying, the thing with the janitor etc.. To some extent, it could be partly to lure Rose, but I doubt it.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

She's acting as if she's Alessa, trying to lure Rose, then she does that whole "Look At Me, I'm Burning" thingy.
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

I think she's also appealing to Rose's maternal instincts so when she will continue with her search for Sharon and will be more amenable to agreeing to help Alessa/Dark Alessa with their revenge when she finally learns the truth.
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

^ yeah that makes sense to me. i agree with both of the above posts, its showing the torment she suffered and is also kind of a maternal lure for Rose.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
Sig Courtesy of the Great & Powerful Milfy!! :mrgreen:
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

Ahhh I see. Thank you guys. :D
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

no problem. it was a valid point. its important to analyse every detail to properly undertsand Silent Hill :)
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g38/Sexy_Solis/919554_20040510_screen015.jpg[/img]
jester
Just Passing Through

Post by jester »

I agree with those also, but I took the whole "Alessa is crying" in the bathroom becuase if Rose didn't hear anything she probably would not have investigated and not find Colin and the clue to the hotel.
Also, when dark Alessa is explaining Alessa's life, she said something about "I lead you to all these places" to help show Alessa's life and being raped, sexually abused was a nice chunk of her torment and hurt she felt. (Thus getting Rose on her side)
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/a7xjester/punishmentbannercopy.jpg[/img]
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

^yeah much agreement there
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Well, that and there is crying heard in the bathroom in the game.
Storm
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Storm »

is there? oh right. lol. damn Colin the pervert!! :x
jester
Just Passing Through

Post by jester »

Why was there crying in the stall in the game anyway? There was really nothing there in the bathroom and Colin wasn't in the game. Could it be that maybe the bathroom stall was her escape from the other kids, kinda like a mini hide-out?
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y100/a7xjester/punishmentbannercopy.jpg[/img]
zaftgirl
Just Passing Through

Post by zaftgirl »

jester wrote:Why was there crying in the stall in the game anyway? There was really nothing there in the bathroom and Colin wasn't in the game. Could it be that maybe the bathroom stall was her escape from the other kids, kinda like a mini hide-out?
Could be. Because when you are in a bathroom in school, locked up in a stall, no one else could get in and you're all alone in there.

o_o I used to run and hide in the bathrooms back in elementary and even in highschool when I got bullied and picked on and it kinda felt...secure?

That is until the freaks barged into the bathroom and climbs over the walls to try and peek on you or starts picking on the locks, trying to get into the bathroom stall -_-'''

I guess, Alessa hid in the bathroom because its the only place left where people won't try to crowd near her to taunt her.
Cursed
Just Passing Through

Post by Cursed »

~T.R.I.C~ wrote:She's acting as if she's Alessa, trying to lure Rose, then she does that whole "Look At Me, I'm Burning" thingy.
(Hehe, I loved that part :3 I couldnt stop laughing, it was just so twisted and.. unexpected)
Caffreys84
Just Passing Through

Post by Caffreys84 »

Why was there crying in the stall in the game anyway? There was really nothing there in the bathroom and Colin wasn't in the game. Could it be that maybe the bathroom stall was her escape from the other kids, kinda like a mini hide-out?
Regarding this as well, the crying in the normal school when its locked. When it turns alternate isn't this where you find the guy thats been flayed up and the shotgun as well?
Pontefract Collieries AFC, Grimsby Town FC, and Halifax RLFC for life!
Silent_voice
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_voice »

~T.R.I.C~ wrote:She's acting as if she's Alessa, trying to lure Rose, then she does that whole "Look At Me, I'm Burning" thingy.
That part of te movie was pretty funny. We watched the movie in class one day, and a few peers of mine got a chuckle or two.
http://www.blogofshadowsandmirrors.blogspot.com
special_b
Just Passing Through

Post by special_b »

I laughed out of nervousness. There's just something freaky about a child randomly setting on fire like that.
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

zaftgirl wrote:
jester wrote:Why was there crying in the stall in the game anyway? There was really nothing there in the bathroom and Colin wasn't in the game. Could it be that maybe the bathroom stall was her escape from the other kids, kinda like a mini hide-out?
Could be. Because when you are in a bathroom in school, locked up in a stall, no one else could get in and you're all alone in there.

o_o I used to run and hide in the bathrooms back in elementary and even in highschool when I got bullied and picked on and it kinda felt...secure?

That is until the freaks barged into the bathroom and climbs over the walls to try and peek on you or starts picking on the locks, trying to get into the bathroom stall -_-'''

I guess, Alessa hid in the bathroom because its the only place left where people won't try to crowd near her to taunt her.
When I was a child, I used to hide in the bathroom and play my gameboy when i didnt want to be botherd. It worked i felt so safe there becaues no one would bother me in there.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Since Dark Alessa is Alessa's accumulated dark emotions, I guess it would make sense that sadness and crying would come so easily to her. But there's no question she also uses it to lure Rose, to test her Mommy skills and determine if Rose will get to take her home with her later on.
Lark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Lark »

I think its hallmarks of a haunting kind of thing, spirits trapped or earth bound to the sites of traumatic experiences.

Perhaps there is an element of sharing the horror in order to "win over" a crucial character in order to exact revenge, then again maybe not, I tend to make comparisons with The Grudge or Dark Water where the ghosts behaviour really cant be rationalised/understood in human terms.

Likewise the entity which becomes dark Alessa maybe doesnt operate with human aims, objectives etc. perhaps its as overwhelmed and traumatised by Alessa's experiences as Alessa, the more I've read on the topics of ghosts or parapsychology (ESP, PreCog, Ghostbusters) the more I think any interface between mankind and something else, alien intelligence, spirit whatever is incredibly confused, there's different minds or psyches involved. Language or communication obsticles to the par of a million.
God didnt make man equal, Col. Colt did - Anon.