Monster Symbolism

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

The director has said that the movie is based on the Japanese belief that every person has the ability to become 'God' and 'the devil'. 'The devil' is not an outside entity. Jodelle consistently calls Dark Alessa 'the bad part of Alessa', and Gans has even outright stated that Alessa is split into the body of an adult and two children who are the two sides of her soul. There is no outside entity involved.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

JRamirez35 wrote:The director has said that the movie is based on the Japanese belief that every person has the ability to become 'God' and 'the devil'. 'The devil' is not an outside entity. Jodelle consistently calls Dark Alessa 'the bad part of Alessa', and Gans has even outright stated that Alessa is split into the body of an adult and two children who are the two sides of her soul. There is no outside entity involved.
Nice bit of info! Thanks for that!
Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

I always thought of PH symbolized rape, but after reading all of this I'm starting to doubt it. I was told by my Silent hill obsessed friend that he meant rape. Watching the movie I believed that He was symbolized rape. Maybe because in SH2 PH is Harry's dark sexual side, but that is off topic, and I don't really know if that is what ph resembles in that game...

But maybe PH is Alissa's protector, because he did punish that one girl who through rocks at her mother, but then Alissa didn't really want rose dead and pyramid head attacked her...
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Mizz Stalker
Just Passing Through

Post by Mizz Stalker »

alone in the town wrote:Pyramid Head Is
That clears up a lot for me, thankyou.