Favorite Scene in the Movie

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

pwn3d91
Just Passing Through

Post by pwn3d91 »

This isn't my favorite part but I just LOVED how the Nurses all got into formation as Rose entered the room, That was just KICK ASS! :mrgreen:
FACT:Jesus indeed does NOT love the little children.
Cybil Bennett
Just Passing Through

Post by Cybil Bennett »

Here are a few of my favorite scenes, kind of hard to narrow down some since I loved the whole movie, and I know that all of these were listed in one way or another but its great to know that other people have the same favorites as I do :mrgreen:
-Cybil kicking ass and fighting to her death trying to save Sharon even though Sharon's not her child (I'd do the same for my two nieces.)
-Pyramid Head ripping Anna's skin off
-History of Alessa ( I relate because I was the one everyone tormented in school from elementry all the way to high school.)
-Alessa exacting revenge on the cult members with the barb wire and dancing in their blood :twisted:
- Cybil's "What the Fuck just happened" (My favorite line in the whole movie.) after school changes back to "normal" pretty much every Cybil scene, since she's my favorite character.
-and last but not least the whole school sequence. This was my favorite place in the first game and the sets look so much like the game. And the ending was so Silent Hill.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pyramid Head ripping off Anna's skin. HOLEEE SHIT, that got my attention!

and I loved the whole closing credits segment with the SH3 theme music.
Phire_Light
Just Passing Through

Post by Phire_Light »

Hands down everything they copied from the opening sequence of sh1. Right down to the shitty camera angles. (Hated the topdown corner view in the game but loved it in the movie, go figure :wink: )
xmasdork
Gravedigger

Post by xmasdork »

I really liked every scene, but I think my favorite was when Rose came up to the body on the fencing and they started playing "Betrayel". I think I actually smiled. And the scene with the Grey Childrens and Straight Jacket were cool. The scariest thing for me was the re-worked praying from SH3. It really creeped me out when I was trying to go to bed. The Pyramid Head scene with Anna surprised the hell outta me. I expected neck crushing, but noooo. I really can't name my favorites scenes, cause I loved the movie. And for a moment I thought the really gory scenes were too much even for Silent Hill. But then I remember: Silent Hill is scary because you don't know what happened. So I then thought they were perfect. I really wanted to watch the credits, but I really had to piss. I did stick around for "You're Not Here".

What's a Mandolin?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Pyramid Head's er...special trick at the top of the stairs.......yuk! :shock:
supapeaches
Just Passing Through

Post by supapeaches »

Yeah, the PH thing with the ripping off of the skin, that was a shocker.

I still think the best part of the whole movie though was when Cybil was like "What the F*CK? What the F*CK?!" and then Rose says randomly, "Don't worry, it'll be okay." The whole audience laughed at that part. That line was just so ackwardly placed.
[img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4189/siglolol2jz.png[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I enjoyed Pyramid head and Miss Anna together for a final farewell. It was a bit shocking because it was unexpected but i really like it, i didn't find anything bad about it.

The stupid cockroach attack freaked me out than the Anna skinless scene, i just hate bugs that much i guess.
disturbedashell
Just Passing Through

Post by disturbedashell »

the man in the planet wrote:ditto on kisho. woulda been my words exactly.
somebody likes watching mythbusters *teehee*

my fave bit is whem ph rpps anns skin off and throws it at the church door and then rose and cybil are all splattered with blood
all that glitters is bloody
refan
Just Passing Through

Post by refan »

my favorite scene would either be the scene of them running into the church when the pyramid head kills anna or the ending alessa scene in the church where she comes up and all the barbed wire crap is everywhere
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'd say my favorite scenes were, in better description:

1) The nurse scene. For a movie without many monster SITUATIONS, there were many MONSTERS. 30 nurses? When they start moving, the flashlight fails, and they stop, but the noises they made were just so intriguing, and it was done to detail because they couldn't see Rose, that's why they started slashing eachother, which was sick as hell. I want one!

2) The part where Rose was entering the bathroom at the school, and she hears a little girl crying, I just KNEW she was about to witness something extremely fucked up. Of course, we were right.

I just love how the movie is designed to be one big fucked-up acid trip.
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

I just got finished watching the movie for the third time tonight. I know, I've only seen it twice since the DVD has been released. Anyway...

1. The hospital room scene where we see Dark Alessa's shadow walk up to the peephole and promise revenge.

2. Dark Alessa dancing in Christabella's blood.

3. The first scream of the gray children.

and yes, where it all began

4. The Silent Hill theme playing while the TriStar horse runs in the intro.
mikey mike
Just Passing Through

Post by mikey mike »

the shot of Alessa at the end after she and Dark Alessa have bonded and we fade in to see her with an odd look on her face. amazing shot
Evil wakes in vengeance, be careful what you choose
Mechanubis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mechanubis »

Every god-damn time the otherworld set in! I think that's the one thing captured perfectly. I don't they could have put enough of it into the movie. There should have been more scenes with Rose just wandering alone in the pitch-black corpse- and rust-ridden otherworld, the atmoshpere was simply magical.
In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane
Iamthebastard
Just Passing Through

Post by Iamthebastard »

Agreed that the first scream of the gray child was very disturbing, and as it was your first encounter with any of the SH-monsters on a screen more than 32" and with defenitly the highest volume I've ever played with on, it was downright scary.

But the Janitor-scene was the best, by far.
Sand is overrated...It's just tiny little rocks.
Moosefrenzy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Moosefrenzy »

Iamthebastard wrote:Agreed that the first scream of the gray child was very disturbing, and as it was your first encounter with any of the SH-monsters on a screen more than 32" and with defenitly the highest volume I've ever played with on, it was downright scary.

But the Janitor-scene was the best, by far.

If you had surround sound, that scream is excruciating.
Gold Phoenix
Just Passing Through

Post by Gold Phoenix »

Yea, i kinda have to agree with DocBlaze the History of Alessa was really interesting
oh and that red nurse that looked at Alessa's body. So creepy when they showed her face! i've been lookin or a pic of it but to no luck "tear"
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/poncho-e/Goldbanner2copy.jpg[/img]
InsideTheMirror
Just Passing Through

Post by InsideTheMirror »

When alessa came up and pwned all the cult peeps.
Your the man now dog!
www.ytmnd.com
Great Knife
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Great Knife »

The alternate world sequence with the school, and the skin rip
Sad suffering. I knew him when, fair weather friend of mine. Try not to think, I merely blink. Hope to wish away the lies.... I....
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Re: Favorite Scene in the Movie

Post by SH3girl32 »

White Noiz wrote:What was your favorite scene in the movie?

For me it was the entire otherworld school sequence. It was all very intense with both the Janitor and Pyramid Head.
Me too! I love how they did that. So amazingly like the games. And the end when Alessa kills all the cult members. That freaked me out a little bit the first time I saw it, but not anymore. :)