The roaches
No votes
The Nurses
13%

Total votes: 495

Blueneon
Just Passing Through

Post by Blueneon »

I really liked all of the monsters in the movie. They were very well done in my opinion.

However, I think the creepiest\my personal favorite in the movie was the Janitor.
I remember I had chills going down my spine through that entire scene! Very disturbing/freaky.

While PH, and the Lying Figure were awesome, I think the Janitor had the scariest physical-appearance.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

my best was the "boss" allessa at the end :twisted:
however, the most scary shit is the grey children. in the darkness of the room they look realy creepy, and the sound they make, its just awesome :mrgreen:
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I won't vote Pyramid Head, because that's so predictable ;)

I was thinking maybe the Janitor (Colin!) but then I voted for "The Boss", which I assume is referring to Alessa strapped in the floating bed with the thousands of barbed wire tentacles. That was just IMMENSE!!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

Plenty of the monsters freaked me the hell out in this movie (The Janitor and the Adult Alessa at the end of the movie), but I gravited more toward the Nurses. The way they moved then fell still when Rose turned the flashlight off, and just creeped forward in those heels was just so unsettling. That and I kept thinking they were mocking the "Thriller" dance with their erratic movement.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
Miss Dee
Just Passing Through

Post by Miss Dee »

I voted 'The Boss'.

I thought that was awesome. When the organ music played when she rose up!!! Excellent!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ladyoftherealm/lh-sig.png[/img]
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

Collin was the best monster.

he was easily one of the most disturbing things in the movie
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Lying Figure.
It seemed to me loyal to the original game design.
Although I didn't like the idea of hundreds of them appearing.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Zerosignal
Just Passing Through

Post by Zerosignal »

I'm surprized that so many people voted on PH, most people i've spoken to felt that he had no real reason to be in the movie at all. I voted the lying figure, it may not have had a reason, but it was done incredibly well, and one of the creepiest scenes is when they show that there are a bunch more in the background
[i]Stay.
You don't always know where you stand,
'Till you know that you won't run away.
There's something inside me that feels...
Like breathing in sulfur.[/i]
[b]-Slipknot[/b]
Waiting_for_you
Just Passing Through

Post by Waiting_for_you »

The Nurses.
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I don't see where Alessa's adult form counts as a 'monster'. She's just a burned woman with serious psychic abilities.
saeda
Just Passing Through

Post by saeda »

I really liked the Lying Figure. It's more disturbing than just gross. Most of the monsters were visually stunning, but I feel like the Lying Figure was one of the most actually threatening. The Janitor was scary until I watched the commentary, now the tongue flicking just looks silly :oops:
Däniken
Just Passing Through

Post by Däniken »

Pyramid Head. I think he is very well depicted in the movie, really menacing and brutal like he should be. I like the cockroaches swarming around him every time he appears. PH had some great moments like the one where he first appears in the otherworld and the one where he rips Anna's skin off. If PH were in Mortal Kombat one would here "brutality" all the time.

I think PH was designed with good taste whereas some other monsters (lying figures in particular) are just plain silly. Janitor would have been better if some of that closeup licking had been left out. It was the direction that ruined him more than the design. I'm not saying he's a worthless monster but he could have been better.
I am Malth. You will never get past me.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I'm going with the lying figure because it looked the most like it's game counterpart.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

For me, the best "monster" in the movie was The Janitor. For unknown reasons.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Well the Grey Children bothered me the most, but I don't know that that makes them neccesarily 'best'. I think the Nurses could have been best, if they'd been handled a bit better than just that one group of them in that one scene.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Definitly the Grey Children, those were the only ones from the original Silent Hill (except for roaches) to make it to the film, and even had a nice make-over; all the rest were like "Fan Service", especially Pyramid Head. I even think that the nurses should have been the original nurses from SH1.
But the Janitor was also good, as it was a complete original monster, based on a memorable scene in SH1.
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
strigoitsepesh
Just Passing Through

Post by strigoitsepesh »

I was going to either vote for the gray children or pyramid head, but I instead went with the janitor. It was nice to see a brand-new monster that fit in perfectly with the others. I thought he was very impressive.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Definitely Pyramid Head for me.

I believe they did an outstanding performance of making a "real-life" Pyramid Head that isn't pixelated. =P

Though they only made him for fan service. They did well with his look.
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
- Seth Brundle/Brundlefly (The Fly 1986)
0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0
Just Passing Through

Post by 0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0 »

That would be the Grey Children and "The Boss"'s entrance. The Grey Children freaked the fu** out of me and "The Boss"'s entrance was just BA. (*cough* and a little love to PH *cough*)
SilentScreamer92
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentScreamer92 »

i liked all of them, the armless figure was good, and the grey child was pretty freaky XD the nurses were my favorite though, i liked how they were synchronized XD pyramid head was done amazingly though, i especially love how they did his costume and makeup