Dahlia controlling Pyramid Head?

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Dahlia controlling Pyramid Head?

Post by DistantJ »

A weird one, but something I noticed watching it on Blu Ray (you can see more in the darkness so I noticed all kinds of subtle things) is that after Anna throws a stone at Dahlia and the otherworld transition is taking place, Dahlia points at Anna, who Pyramid Head then materialises behind of during the transition, as if to say "kill her" or something. I never noticed her pointing like that before watching it in HD but I had always wondered why he would appear right behind her...

That would also partially explain why PH was chasing Rose, Dahlia saw her with the picture of Cheryl/Alessa and saw her as a threat perhaps?

I dunno, but it was interesting seeing her point at Anna only to have PH appear behind her, and PH doesn't kill Dahlia.

Anybody find this theory interesting? Anything to add for or against it?
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I think this theory makes sense. I thought about that at first but at the same time didn't thought about anything. So yeah, I think Dahlia controls PH too.

But the question is: How? Sabbath? :roll:
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

^It is the movie adaptation, so yeah, probably.

Edit: I havent watched the movie in a while but mabey beacause she is Alessa's mother and somehow she genetically shares her power or mabey Alessa didnt want her mother to come to harm when Anna was gunna throw anouther rock at her mothers face so mabey she just sent Pyramid head it kill Anna... mabey.
^^
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's not. She's making the sign of rebuking evil that all the cultists do, but Alessa uses Pyramid Head to protect her. Dahlia has no power or authority in of herself, she's just on the good side of the Big Boss.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I'm pretty sure she was pointing behind her, because she saw Pyramid Head materializing, and such..

Though it's been three years since I've seen the movie.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's explicitly making the little X devil horn thingie that all the other cultists make throughout the movie.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Dahlia has no control over any of the monsters. She made the sign of the devil, the same sign Christabella used on Rose, as a way of telling Anna that she is the real sinner, not Dahlia (which is the same thing she was saying in the hotel). Since Alessa has full control over everything in her world, she sent one of her monsters to protect her mother as soon as the darkness fell. The monsters don't hurt Dahlia for the same reason she didn't die in the church, because Alessa won't hurt her mother.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

AuraTwilight wrote:She's not. She's making the sign of rebuking evil that all the cultists do, but Alessa uses Pyramid Head to protect her. Dahlia has no power or authority in of herself, she's just on the good side of the Big Boss.
Ahh yes! Nice. That brings it all together nicely actually, the same horns sign the bitch woman (sorry, lol, I don't know her name) makes towards Rose when she discovers her Sharon photo.
JRamirez35 wrote:Dahlia has no control over any of the monsters. She made the sign of the devil, the same sign Christabella used on Rose, as a way of telling Anna that she is the real sinner, not Dahlia (which is the same thing she was saying in the hotel). Since Alessa has full control over everything in her world, she sent one of her monsters to protect her mother as soon as the darkness fell. The monsters don't hurt Dahlia for the same reason she didn't die in the church, because Alessa won't hurt her mother.
Aaand confirmed!
sumcaker wrote:I havent watched the movie in a while but mabey beacause she is Alessa's mother and somehow she genetically shares her power or mabey Alessa didnt want her mother to come to harm when Anna was gunna throw anouther rock at her mothers face so mabey she just sent Pyramid head it kill Anna... mabey.
Nice thought, but Alessa doesn't have powers in the movie. They were granted to her by a demon after the burning.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Nice thought, but Alessa doesn't have powers in the movie. They were granted to her by a demon after the burning.
No, they weren't. Dark Alessa is the manifesation of the dark side of Alessa's soul, not a demon. Alessa had the powers before Dark Alessa arrived, as evidenced by the wilted flowers and the burned nurse.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's even deleted flashback scene of a happy Alessa on a field trip controlling the flight of butterflies, just to nail the point home.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It's also pretty heavily implied that Alessa broke the chain during the burning.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:There's even deleted flashback scene of a happy Alessa on a field trip controlling the flight of butterflies, just to nail the point home.
Question: deleted filmed scene, or scene from the script?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

It was at least partially filmed because there are pictures that can be found from that scene, one of which even appears in the movie during the scene where Chris flips through Alessa's police report.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

It's a shame that wasn't made a little more clear really, because it's really cool.

I love this movie, it's been so long since I've had a film which was fun, spooky and which can be talked about in this much detail to peel away the layers.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.