Why did you like it? (or not)

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Re: Why did you like it? (or not)

Post by Silent Fantasy »

The symbolism behind him was obvious, but he was nontheless a decent addition considering he's an original. I wish I could say the same about Revelation's since 95% of the monsters in it are originals(though the spider had an interesting concept that could've been pulled off much better).
Even if he only had one scene, I thought he was pretty effective and atleast had something to do with the plot the movie had.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Lighthouse
Just Passing Through

Post by Lighthouse »

Silent Fantasy wrote:I wish I could say the same about Revelation's since 95% of the monsters in it are originals
That explains alot, the CGI was terrible and made the whole movie seem goofy. I don't know if the spider was supposed to represent anything, but frankly, it was turning my biggest turn off in the trailer( the "fusion" scene had me shutting my eyes while my friends were somehow awestruck :roll: ).
Only played Silent Hill 1 so far,Kaufmann is a badass...can't say the same for his sidequest...
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Lighthouse wrote:
Silent Fantasy wrote:I wish I could say the same about Revelation's since 95% of the monsters in it are originals
That explains alot, the CGI was terrible and made the whole movie seem goofy. I don't know if the spider was supposed to represent anything, but frankly, it was turning my biggest turn off in the trailer( the "fusion" scene had me shutting my eyes while my friends were somehow awestruck :roll: ).
Just checking on Colin. The fusion was at least the climax of the plot, the dialogue was a bit hokey but at least it fit. The spider was there only because it was time for another action scene.
Silent Fantasy
Historical Society Historian

Post by Silent Fantasy »

I had no issues with the "fusion" scene. I had no issues with the spider either, just the way the scene was handled. I'm not one that thinks everything in a Silent Hill movie or game, or anything for that matter, has to be significant as long as it's entertaining and not completely random.
The scene just happened to be handled poorly.
That was my biggest contrast between the Janitor and the mannequin spider. I actually feel the first movie was much better in this regard overall, though I enjoyed Revelations.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Lighthouse
Just Passing Through

Post by Lighthouse »

I guess I'm just much more judgmental to the movie than you guys, might have something to do with me not playing SH3 yet. I certainly wasn't all that entertained, though my friends who have played a few SH games loved the later game references.

We should probay get back on topic...
Only played Silent Hill 1 so far,Kaufmann is a badass...can't say the same for his sidequest...