How to make the next movie better

Discuss the original 2006 movie.

Moderator: Moderators

Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

Gotta say, if it's true that they're are looking to make it into a trilogy, I'm a little apprehensive about how that's going to work out. The first one as decent, but they've already used up most of the best material. Like how are they going to make another 2 films out of what is left, and how are they going to write it all together?

Hmmmmmmmm? :?
Double Helix, I spit on your grave! :evil:
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I didn't like who many people where in SH4
You won't like SH:H, then.

However, you can't count all the victims. If you count every "real" character, you end up with 8. Compared to SH1 which had 7, it isn't much of a difference.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Cohen330
Just Passing Through

Post by Cohen330 »

If they make the SH 2 the movie up to the first's standards, I'll be happy. If it's even better, then I'll s**t bricks. :mrgreen:
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

JRamirez35 wrote:I think the first movie was perfect except for the dialogue. Do it the same, but give it better dialogue and you'll get a completely awesome movie.
Some of the dialogue didn't work for me, but at times I actually found it really (subtly) clever.

Here's an example; early in the movie, the main character (can't think of her name) tells Cybil that things are going to be alright. Later on in the movie, she's saying the same thing to her daughter, in that very scene you can look in the backround and see cybil's charred corpse. For my money; this was completly intentional dark humour (stating in a round about manner that she really has no idea if things will be okay or not).
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
revolver
Just Passing Through

Post by revolver »

I thought this movie was alright as is but if they make another it cannot be connected to the first one at all. now I don't want to see a remake of the game silent hill 2 either. they need an origional story based on the towns heavy emotion drawing capabilities, with new monsters suited to the main characters demons. like it should be
Della302Ashfield
Just Passing Through

Post by Della302Ashfield »

Jason_Grey wrote:Personally, I think the movie was great! I'll admit I'm biased because I've never played the games, but it was still really good!
I guess a way to make the next movie better is to keep it truer to the games though... I don't know how much symbolism there was in the movies, but after checking around I'm kinda dissapointed they didn't make up any new monsters for it... Still, that's my only complaint. The link you posted had some good points that I have to agree with though.
I agree totually with this. Although I wasn't keen on the movie. I am not saying I didn't like it but the ending could of been better. I really hope the next silent hill movies stay with the games. I can just imagine a silent hill 3 movie like the game. It would be so scary although not if you have already played the game. Perhapes making it based on the game but changing it abit. The movie was based on the first game and they did change it. Perhapes do that on the rest of the movies but to change some of it. I would love a Silent Hill 4 the room movie. That would make my day.
Well this is my opinion. :o
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Needed to fix the music aspect the same song played a lot & was recycled I noticed, plus at the beginning no one got too scared in the theater because the music they chose was not as suspenseful or creepy (needed Devil's Lyric in there) for the scene of her being attacked by the children. The ending too and the plot was mashed together but keeping somewhat to 1, plus get rid of pyramid head they threw him in there 100% for publicity, maybe it was good to do that for that reason but if they wanted him, make the movie more SH2 based or something, just seems a bit dumb to throw him in there, I dunno that movie was a jumbled mess he kind of went all over the place picking random things he saw as *cool*. You can tell he played 1 and 2 and threw them together completely. Was an ok movie, just seemed like a young kid did it, I think I could have written one like that, a lot needed to be looked at and rethought there was much he could have done with it he made it feel less Silent Hill, it kinda was like it could've have had a different title for the movie even except Pyramid Head takes that idea away and the siren for the other world something was wrong with this movie, I don't know 100% what but I can't say it's terrible either, maybe it was the lighting and brightness at certain points? Wasn't scary really, anyone notice that, wasn't frightening or twisted.

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

Um... they could make the next one better by actually sticking to the game.... :roll:
I think Pyramid Head was misused in the first movie. I'd like to see him return though.
Look what he's been reduced to now!
(Yes, I made this.. I know.. I'm a sad sad person...)
Last edited by woofy on 09 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
Inner Eye
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Inner Eye »

^
OMG that is hilarious :lol:

Anyway I don't want to see any monsters from the games, not even the nurses. I want to see some creatures that we have never seen, like the Janitor, loved him by the way. I would also like to see Akira making some original music.

Lets face no matter how good the movie is, the fans are going to find something wrong with it. So I say come up with a completly original story, while keeping the spirite and the canon as best as it can.
Resident Cajun and Wolf.
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

-Have a scene where a monster is beaten to death with a steel pipe or chopped to -death with a hand axe.
-No large groups of cult people in a church screaming "witches" -that was fucking stupid.

-No little kids who suck at acting.
-The use of a shotgun at some point.
-The appearance of a large worm monster.
-Exploration of toluca lake.
-Vincent or someone similer
-Bring Stanley Kubrick or Hitchcock back to life to direct it
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

woofy1988 wrote:Um... they could make the next one better by actually sticking to the game.... :roll:
I think Pyramid Head was misused in the first movie. I'd like to see him return though.
Look what he's been reduced to now!
(Yes, I made this.. I know.. I'm a sad sad person...)
I couldn't agree less. If I wanted to watch a movie sticking right along with the story of a game, I'd play the game in the first place. I want the movie to give us something different, or else there's no real point in having a movie at all.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
k0n0k0
Just Passing Through

Post by k0n0k0 »

I would love to watch a movie version from Silent Hill 2.