Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 10 Dec 2018

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Sep 2008
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Arkansas
My town of Caraway did for a like a week or so, but then again it does every time it's foggy especially main street. The time I got the real feeling of it was when I was playing through Silent Hill 3 for the first time and reading The Mist by S.K.. Anyways weird stuff was happening in my house like things going missing or like my sister was doing her college work and she sat her pen down and looked at her computer for a second then went to grab the pen and it was across the room on a different table...it freaks me out still.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Feb 2007
Notes left: 1367
Certain sections of the mall that I ususally go to. :) It's not the best quality 'cause I took it on my phone, but this is a long hallway to the bathroom. You can't really see it, but there's several doors along the way.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

There's another mall, a different mall then what I mentioned above-- it's very quiet. Not too many people there. There, it's easy to get lost in a, 'what would it look like if this was a SH mall' moment. :P

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2004
Notes left: 2560
Last seen at: Insomnia land, where I am Queen!
My street on the 4th of July. A lot of my neighbors set off he fireworks you can buy at the roadside stands, and the whole street is just filled with green-ish fog from them, and you can just vaguely see the light from the street lights. It is fantastically creepy.

Peachy's Predictions on Tumblr
Peachy's Predictions. on LiveJournal

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2008
Notes left: 516
the other day i was walking home and it was very foggy, there's a saw mill nearby and all sorts of silent hill-esque noises come from it, plus the street i live on is very quiet and it looks sort of like the beginning scene of origins, it was effin awesome.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2006
Notes left: 335
Last seen at: Jack's Inn
The place were my band is rehursing is a "closed down" factory, 3 floors high, with long long hallways.
Along with thoose hallways there are doors on both sides, rather frequenlty.
Sort of reminds me of the hospital in SH4 =)

Something like this

/ = Door

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 258
Last seen at: Louisiana
There is an actual Toluca Lake in California. And Centralia Penn. was the town that the movie version was based on. But the next town over from where I live is very Silent Hillish.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 671
I visited Coos Bay, Oregon for a time with my girlfriend and her family.

Let me tell you something about small towns near the coast. Every morning, it's foggy. Really foggy. 'Oh my god is that a deer or a car coming up' foggy. I like to jog in the early morning. This place reminds me strongly of Silent Hill, even when it's sunny and nice. There's a bay and a bunch of rivers that serve as the 'Toluca Lake' reminder and, while it certainly isn't a resort town, it is a stopping point for those crazy RV tourists/truckers so they have plenty of crappy motels. Not to mention the 'old district' (which was the port) with all the fifty year-old buildings.

I could see Silent Hill happening there.

Heh. There's even a graveyard right next to the high school. You can make two trips in one! :D

Y'know what I don't hate?

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Aug 2008
Notes left: 1053
Last seen at: Australia
An abandoned factory sounds awesome.

I remember being in a city once, somewhere near the outskirts and on that particular day there was this unnatural fog (this was before I played any of the games). Because of all the fog there were hardly any cars on the road, and the whole area just went quiet at 11 in the morning.
The fog was so thick, you couldn't see the other side of the road. It was heaps of fun walking through alleyways and past shops watching them take form. I wish it would happen again.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Aug 2008
Notes left: 5
here is my real world silent hill.

first off my pictures were taken with a Nikon D40 and the flash was set on. in these rooms i had the same amount of light just like in the game, so flash light with hardly any view or pitch black.

first off here is the school abandon for at least 30 years but just recently had the all the rooms empty out and that's when i was able to get in. i have a few pictures of when the rooms weren't. so ill post those first.

THIS PICTURES IS NOT PHOTOSHOP!

map i made

now these pictures were taken from outside threw a small hole. so sorry there not sharp.
boiler room

ok now for the walk threw.

in that last picture now i am standing now looking to the left into the girl bathroom/shower.
the picture with the stairs if you were to go up to them you would go the the pictures looking into the room with chairs in a circle.
this is the closet in back of the classrooms
these next two pictures is the principal office and there is a whole in the wall which i looked threw and couldnt see anything and that was one of the question mark rooms that i never looked in.
more class rooms
going the the front door then the down stairs.
pipe in the back stall which i need to grab because i had no weapons ATM! O_o lol
downstairs class room something has been dragged in this room O_O
the kitchen
go across the stairs and you will be lead to this door which will bring you back to the gym area, or take a right to the boiler room.
if you look in the last picture you can see a patched up door way that someone has broke threw. then you would look threw it and this is what you see after that pictures you look to your left and that is what you see for the next picture
then while leaving you would have to go threw the gym

ill fix my grammar in the morning sorry its 3 in the morning here. but a little story to go with i guess after i went threw, i was telling one of my friends and he told me, "i will not ever go back in the school EVER!" i asked him why because i thought it was very cool! he said, "him and a few buds went there went into the boiler room there was candles little up and the devil star" dont know if the story is true. but i do know the cops are all over this building and do not want people to get in. that's why i missed a few rooms and took horrible pictures. but later on in the week i went back during lunch break and went into the boys bathroom and the stalls were ripped out and there was a back door. and then my friends wanted to get out. so thats that.

hope you had fun!

Last edited by black picture on 10 Oct 2008, edited 2 times in total.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Oct 2008
Notes left: 184
Last seen at: Riverside Apartments, Room 501
There was an train station in my hometown which I ended up walking trough real early in the morning with a friend. We both agreed it felt very eerie and there was even a SH3 type fog. I suddenly got the idea to shoot a short Silent Hill inspired film and we went back the next morning and did some shots. When I get off my ass and put them all together and add in some special effects I might post it on this site, as long as you're all gentle in your criticisms. :D

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Oct 2008
Notes left: 87
Last seen at: Brahams
No real place comes to mind, other then Centralia, P.A. and that bugs some people... Um, other then that, just random alleyways, malls (I always see the mannequins move now! >.<), and of course, cool mornings when it's foggy here, I just love it!

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Oct 2008
Notes left: 7
Last seen at: A old building
Well, I was riding the bus acouple days ago in moline ill.And the downtown area really looked like a town seen, tall old buildings, long empty streets, a big ass clock tower. If only it was foggy, it would have been perfect.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Aug 2008
Notes left: 152
Last seen at: Neely's Bar, South Vale Silent Hill
Isla Vista, California on a foggy morning/night. if its quiet and no one is partying (its a college town) you just see blocks of apartments just kind of cold and lifeless. and its right on the water so fog is rather common. and being a funky little college town, 4am to 10am is completely dead lol.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Mar 2007
Notes left: 342
During a trip in North Carolina there was dense fog in the mountains, and the way the road slowly winded downward reminded me a lot of the begining of sh2.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Apr 2009
Notes left: 14
Last seen at: In the city on the edge of forever
Me and a few mates were drunk and we were in a place called Page park in Staple hill. It was dark and misty, completely silent. We could here rustling around us and we got freaked out a bit

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Mar 2008
Notes left: 254
Last seen at: Toronto, Canada
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... reet_1.jpg -imagine that when its foggy! D: (Brantford, ON) 2 hours away from where I live.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... reet_2.jpg

http://www.ontarioarchitecture.com/Secondbrant.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/24123 ... 7f.jpg?v=0 -hehe, "Silent Hill Fresh Meats" (Silent Hill [2005 or 6..] was filmed there.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 Mar 2009
Notes left: 1345
Last seen at: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Michigan is well known for having a crapload of huge lakes everywhere you go, so my hometown of Ann Arbor is very reminiscent of Silent Hill to me.

Since there are so many lakes in the area, it gets very foggy every now and then. Whenever it does, I immediately grab a flashlight and walk around town. It's the creepiest thing imaginable. Especially in the middle of the night when no one else is around.

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Apr 2009
Notes left: 1399
My father is a pest controller, and he does sanitizing and stuff. One year we had some intense floods here in Gloucestershire, England and most of the outskirts of my local town Tewkesbury were completely destroyed, and I went with him to make a bit of money off of sanitizing the houses which had been obliterated in the floods.

One house had had somebody die in it, the stink of death was overwhelmingly disgusting, but the house itself had been hit particularly hard it seemed - particularly the bathroom, which was rusty, tiles falling off of the wall, very brown and very dark, everything had come apart, and I just was like "dude... Silent Hill right here!"