Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 10 Dec 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Feb 2004
Notes left: 167
Last seen at: The ladder
My hometown of Santa Clarita kinda reminds me of Silent Hill a bit.With the seemless endless fog by the mountainside close to my house,and the Santa Clarita Historical Society.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Mar 2006
Notes left: 181
Last seen at: England
i havent been to a place like silent hill

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Apr 2006
Notes left: 48
Last seen at: Montana
There is this old saw-mill on my friends property, like from the 20's or some shit. There is rust all over the walls and the blades of the mill. One time we walked up there when it was real foggy out. It scared the shit out of me. :shock:

" I got a letter..."

Post subject:

The local mall that's about 15 minutes away from my house. I actually took some shots of it and manipulated them, but I didn't even have to do that much since it already looked frighteningly similar to Heather's mall. It's even called Lakeshore, which is reminiscent of SH location names.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Feb 2004
Notes left: 3094
Last seen at: Deep Inside
A few yrs back, we drove to Detroit for my nephews hockey tournament.
While driving in Detroit, we drove through the slums, and SH hit me.

Ppl lived there, but it looked deserted, spokiest area I've ever seen.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Jun 2007
Notes left: 251
Last seen at: I don't remember.
There's an old grave yard down my road... well ok down my road, take a turn down an old wagon trail that splits with a driveway... past an old public stable thing... (my house has an old blacksmith shop on the back of the property, where the horses from this stable used to get shoe'd)

There's this old graveyard no one's used/been burried in for roughly 60 years. We would go up there as kids. There's a huge lake/pond thing that semi circles around the back half and the horse stables/pen block off the other side.

It's old, corroded and normally foggy, cuz of the pond and the hill trapping the moisture there just beyond the graveyard entrance.

That is a very "Silent Hill" atmosphere to me. Probably why I haven't snuck down there in a few years... Last time I was there, I was kinda curious who was burried there, so I took a wired brush and cleaned off some of the tombstones of moss and stuff (most of them are cement) and found some names that are actually the exact same names of people that live on my street...

Yeah... finding your next door neighbor's name on a tombstone is kinda eery...

Rosewater Park Attendant
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Feb 2007
Notes left: 1367
WHile living in OH, the fog was so bad one night, you couldn't even see what was in front of you. My mom took me outside the house and we walked around abit. It reminded me of SH so much.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Aug 2007
Notes left: 57
My room reminds me of the nightmare realm.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Mar 2006
Notes left: 138
Last seen at: Surrey, England
When I went to University in Hull I used to go on "scary walks" with a friend at night, but it was actually coming back from one of these that she suggested we take a shortcut...

...and it went down the backs of two rows of houses down this narrow tiny road/driveway with garages on either side...just like those alleyways in SH1. And it was this really long alleyway, just kept going on and on... And the garages started becoming ruined with missing windows and doorways, revealing nothing but shadowy darkness within where anything could be lurking and watching us shuffle past...

Suffice it to say we both got immensely immensely frightened and the first passageway back to a main road we ran down, only to discover that at the end of the passageway was this twenty foot high barred and locked gate! So we could see the main road beyond, but couldn't get through...which I thought was very Silent Hill-esque. And we had to walk back to the scary alleyway and continue down it past those ruined garages.

Brrr.

Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Aug 2006
Notes left: 1775
Last seen at: Rhode Island
EVERYTIME I'm in an elevator :) I can't help but think of being in one during the game.

When we had a fire pit going at my buddy's house, at one point big ashes started to fall down. Me and someone else said "It's like in SH" at the same time.

Also, when it's really foggy out, I love when that happens.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Jun 2007
Notes left: 291
Last seen at: Texas
When I was seventeen, me and my family went on vacation and ended up staying at this hotel in Dallas. One night I went exploring and discovered that, apparently, the hotel had once been an office building and had shared a parking garage with the office building which still stood next door. I went down into the parking garage, and found that, while the first level was still in use, the garage went far down into the ground many more levels which were no longer in service, having been blocked by a chain link fence. Chain link fences never being an obstacle to intrepid teenagers, I peeled back a corner of the fence and started down.

What followed was one of the more viscerally frightening experiences of my life. When it had been in use, the levels had been lit by fluorescent lightbulbs which hung from the ceiling by cables. When I was there, some of these bulbs were burnt out, casting darkness over large areas of the garage, whereas the lightbulbs which were still lit only flickered dully, casting an eerie, pale gray light, their constantly ticking sounds echoing in the garage. After I passed the second level down it seemed to get terribly cold; there were utility boxes , the doors of which had been torn off, leaving exposed, sometimes cut and dangling wires hanging out. There were many more sections cordoned off with chainlink fence that I had to pull back to progress. Finally, I reached a point at which it was virtually pitch dark, only a few fluorescents still lit, and now, there was water, all over the floor, and I could hear it dripping from somewhere in the darkness.

And that's when I said fuck it and went back upstairs. It didn't help that, on the first level, I got in the wrong elevator, and ended up in the still-in-use office building.

Post subject:

Reminds me of the condemed office building in SH3. Is that what you were referring to? You didn't specify :P

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Sep 2007
Notes left: 16
my school reminds me of it because i couold imagen falling asleep during class and waking up to find no one and be in the other world and there be a few people with me but around all over the schoool. its a small high school but plenty happens. it just would freek me out. im goign to make a post about that. where is a place like SH in your town.

:!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Post subject:

I just had a moment at work that reminded me of SH. I work in a pretty lonely and creepy x-ray file room basement in a hospital (obviously). Well, I was going down one of the aisles that have a ton of xray folders on each side and something plastic and white caught my eye. It was on the floor and sticking out from under the shelf, kinda looked like a PVC pipe at first then I saw that it was a flashlight. I've never seen this flashlight or any flashlight down here in the 3 years i've worked here. And then about a foot down the aisle there's also a wire brush on sticking out as well. Idk, maybe it was just me but it felt like something out of SH. I could picture a character in a game stumbling across the flashlight in the beginning of the game, and a wire brush for something, just as I just did. 8)

Post subject:

No places I can think of but there was a moment. I was walking around Glendale, AZ when I passed by this old building. It was empty and dusty and there was a handwritten sign behind the glass of a boarded off window that said something like, "The key is at Haus Murphy". It just made me stop and stare for a bit before smiling and walking on.
There was also a store that had an old generic soda machine in a dark corner that made me think of the one in the office building of SH3.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2007
Notes left: 113
Last seen at: Cali, Colombia
here near to my city, (cali) in colombia, are a little town that its always fogie it is call kilometer 18 it really isnt a town, its more like a mmm how do i say, mmmmm a vereda, that is how we say here, its like a litlle comunnion of houses anyway, its always fogie, more of the buildings are corroed, its really cool in the middle of the night the days when nobody are there.

[img]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/larcont/CopiadelarcontFIX.jpg[/img]

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Sep 2007
Notes left: 51
Last seen at: The Origin of Symmetry
A while back, sometime last year, we were being briefed on the impending Art Field Trip (fun, fun!), when we were ungraciusly threatened that if we did not supply Medical Aid information on our permission slips, and for some reason the driver lost control of the bus (in morning rush hour traffic in the CBD, very likely) we would be shipped off to Helen Joseph Hospital. When someone wittingly piped up, that she would rather be taken to Alchemilla Hospital, than dare enter the halls of Helen Joseph. The Demonic Nurses at Alchemilla have a hell of a lot more bed side manner than the quacks at Helen Jospeh. And the blood crawling up the walls is a lot less rancid...

brrr....

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jan 2008
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Netherlands (I'm Irish though)
There's this old abandoned orchard right across from my house, so a bunch of friends and me went there on Halloween, to freak ourselves out. It was really foggy, and with all of the gnarled, twisted plants and dilapidated stables....it was creepy ^^

The stairway in my apartment building reminds me of silent hill too- always so silent, and dark ( some of the lights don't work) and cold. Mostly reminds me of SH4, methinks XD

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Feb 2008
Notes left: 145
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park Carousel
Unfortunately living in Australia doesn't afford a girl many places to compare to Silent Hill, since it's mostly bush or new cities. I do think after playing the SH series though, you tend to see SilentHill-esque (yes I made that up damnit! :P ) things in the places you go. A few examples from my life are:

- I used to work cleaning hospitals at night/early morning to put myself through University. I have to say, nothing is more freaky than a random, seemingly abandoned wheelchair/hospital bed in a corner or dimly lit corridor. Nightmare world or not, used to scare the sh*t out of me!

- Generally speaking horse carousels give me the creeps, especially old large ones playing freaky carousel music. I had one hired at my wedding venue just to scare the crap out of myself, kids loved it though, LOL.

- I just moved from a large city to a small town (population 7,000!). There is only one multi storey building here, around 6/7 storeys high, sticks out like a sore thumb when you look around the town. On closer inspection as my husband and I were driving around we noticed it had an old sign out the front 'Avon Towers'. There was a wire mesh fence surrounding the entire building and carpark and the gate was locked with a padlock :shock: Definately abandoned. It majorly creeped me out every time I went past (which I would do regularly, for fun :twisted: ) so I finally got my husband to ask his new boss what the building was. Turns out it was once a hospital servicing the surrounding towns but closed since the new one was built some years ago. :shock: Until a few years ago however the bottom floors were still used as psycho wards for drug addicts.

Needless to say if I didn't have anyone else to worry about (ie: my daughter) I might well have taken a pair of bolt cutters and broken in at night to check it all out. Infact, maybe one day I still will :twisted:

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jan 2008
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: Netherlands (I'm Irish though)
Fear For The Flesh wrote:
Needless to say if I didn't have anyone else to worry about (ie: my daughter) I might well have taken a pair of bolt cutters and broken in at night to check it all out. Infact, maybe one day I still will :twisted:

Dear lord, why does that appeal to me so much? Me and a friend of mine did that with this abandoned farm,on this totally unused country road-- it was FREEEAKY!! But I would do it again in a heartbeat ^^ :P :P

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next