Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Nov 2017

Post subject: Become a Silent Hill Heaven Cult Member!

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
You've probably heard people talking about the SHH Cult at some point. Maybe you've simply wondered why some people have orange usernames? Have you ever wondered just what the deal was?

The Silent Hill Heaven Cult is a subscription service. For $15 USD per year, you are given access to the following perks:

• Exclusive "SHH Cult Subscriber" rank with unique flauros badge and colored username, to announce your generosity to the rest of the board;
  • Subscribers are allowed more leeway with avatar size. Whereas regular members are limited to 100x100, Cult subscribers are allowed to display avatars up to 150x150.
  • Access to an exclusive sub-forum: The Underground Altar. Invisible to regular users, it is a place where you can play around, blow off steam, and enjoy an area in which some of the forum's rules are greatly relaxed. You know those game threads, off-topic threads, and just general silliness which is normally frowned-upon? In the Altar, you can kick off your shoes and have even more fun!
  • Exclusive access to news about the forum/site;
  • The satisfaction of knowing that you're making an important contribution to the smooth and continuing operation of Silent Hill Heaven. We are the biggest and baddest Silent Hill forum on the internet, and a large part of the reason why is because of the generosity of Cult subscribers! For four cents per day, you can be totally awesome like that!
  • More features are in the planning. We're always open to ideas! It goes without saying that we can't implement every idea, as we are limited both by reason and what the forum can actually do, but good ideas will be considered for inclusion as special features for subscribers.

A Cult Membership is a pretty awesome gift, too. Is there someone here who has done you some kindness? Do you just think they're totally awesome and deserve something nice for it? Show your gratitude and donate in their name!

To subscribe, or for more information about subscribing, send a private message to Vixx, and she will get back to you. If there are questions the rest of us can answer, feel free to ask.

[The Small Print]

• All subscriptions/donations are non-refundable. Memberships are at the discretion of the Adminstration and may be revoked at any time should you be deemed to have broken or disregarded any of the forum guidelines/rules.**
  • Please note that this is a subscription. This means that this is a cyclical payment that will be taken from your account annually. However, you can cancel this subscription from within your PayPal account at any time.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Become a Silent Hill Heaven Cult Member!

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
I've asked this question a few times in the older thread, I also PMed Vixx about it back in August of last year but she never got back to me. Basically, I'm wondering if it's possible to pay for this with a Visa Gift Card, or something of that kind, as opposed to Paypal. I don't have a Paypal, and I do all my online shopping with these sort of gift cards since they function exactly like credit cards and all websites consider them to be credit cards. Since they function like credit cards, I'd love it if I could use this to make the donation, and perhaps I could change the "subscription" to a different "card" when the time comes to make another payment next year?

If anyone can help me out on this, please let me know. I've been wanting to know this since September 2010... :/

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
^I've actually kind of wondered the same, since I don't have paypal either, but I'd like to be a subscriber since I can definitely get 15 dollars in a year.

The only problem I see, though, is those Vista prepaid cards are a big pain in the ass for long term investments. It constantly bills you 5 dollars every month (Unless you're okay with adding enough money for the billing, but honestly I don't think it's worth it and it's a huge rip off). If you could switch to different cards somehow around each payment then I think that would be just fine, otherwise you're going to be spending 5 dollars a month on a card that you're only going to use twice a year and that's just a waste of money for you, you know? I've used them myself (I've bought several of them), but I use them to order stuff online and I load the amount I need, buy the things I want, cancel the card, and voila!

Either way, Vixx will definitely let you know. Just PM her again. Maybe your PM accidentally got deleted or something happened to it.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

I was under the impression that $15 would be charged to the card right away, and then nothing would be charged again until next year. As long as I supply a new card before it's time for my next payment, it should be fine, right? I was thinking I'd just load like $20 onto a card, use that for the $15, and be done with it for a year. I don't think the gift cards I am thinking of charge you $5 a months, but regardless, I'd only be putting $20 on it. Or is this subscription set up differently so that it keeps charging you slowly over the course of a year?

Either way, I suppose I'll PM Vixx again. I was already trying to avoid being annoying before, so hopefully she's not annoyed.

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Last seen at: Kentucky
^I believe to keep the card activated it has to go through a monthly fee of $5 a month. I'm pretty sure. I remember being told something similar to this, but I could be mistaken. I would suggest searching information about it on Google or asking someone who has had one.

This isn't very reliable, but do you have any friends who would be willing to just link their paypal accounts and pay for the subscription and then you pay them for the money that wasn't taken out? It's a bit messy, but it's a suggestion.

Either way, it's just best to PM Vixx. She's the queen of knowledge around this place. :P

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

I use the Visa cards all the time. I just buy them at my grocery store and put a set amount on it. I've held some for over a few months and I'm pretty sure they never took $5 off monthly. Either way, though, once I make the payment of $15, it shouldn't be a problem if the card dies, right? Or if it is, then that's probably why we can't use this method.

Well, I know nothing of paypal, but I don't think I have any friends who use it. I did PM Vixx again, though, so I'll see what she says.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4170
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I'm not annoyed - just blind! Sorry I missed this guys; Nanaya, will reply to your PM now.

I know that people in the past have worked with friends on the forum/in RL to donate via PayPal and, unfortunately, that is still the only way we can accept donations right now.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Thanks for the reply! XD

I'll see if I can somehow get a paypal set up with the visa gift cards, as that's really my only option. Hopefully it'll work somehow...

Edit: Well, I found out that there is NO way to add funds to a paypal with visa gift cards. However, as it turns out, there is a specific card called "MoneyPak" that you can use to add funds to a paypal account. So I'll go pick up a MoneyPak card, hopefully today, in order to donate. :D

Edit2: This is quite amusing. No store around me seems to sell these MoneyPak cards, so it looks like I'll have to use a Visa Gift Card to order a MoneyPak card from the internet. XD

Edit3: The saga has finally come to an end. I was able to get the money on PayPal and send over my payment/donation earlier today. Hope I did everything right, I'm rather new to this.

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
I've had troubles using Visa Gift Cards online; a lot of places don't seem to accept them.

PayPal is alright, though; you can just hook it up to a credit or debit card and just let it cycle through there.

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 21 Feb 2012
Notes left: 199
Last seen at: Lost Empire Of Rieubane
Hopefully there's a way to pay with visa master card I would love to donate , I love this site and I would like to see it running for a long time

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 01 Jun 2012
Notes left: 152
Last seen at: Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
As soon as I get some money on my Paypal I'll be down for donating :)

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 24 Sep 2013
Notes left: 21
Are we allowed to pay all 15A$ right away and get it right away?

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 3632
Last seen at: Federative Republic of Butts
The idea is to pay it all at once and you receive the year :) Please contact Vixx and let her know you're interested.

Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)