Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Oct 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Mar 2005
Notes left: 180
I first got Silent Hill 2 at Blockbuster when they were having a Buy 1 get 1 free sale. I needed another game and picked it out, and ended up liking it better than the other one I bought.

Then, I played SH4 at a cyber cafe in Greece. I didn't get very far into it, but enjoed it.

natural evolution is complete.

Artificial evolution has begun.

The first psychological requisite
of the Higher Evolutionaries
is the realization that
they do not need gods.

For they are gods.

Legacy - Of the Higher Evolutionaries

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Dec 2003
Notes left: 347
Last seen at: In Jolly 'Ol.... AMERICA!!!
I first started playing it when Silent Hill one came out. in 1999. I was twelve. thats the kind of thing that gets you therapy..... now i have ALOT of SH merchandise that im ashamed of having.... like all the graphic novels and the book.... and the japanese versions of all the games....

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Aug 2005
Notes left: 157
Last seen at: Reading, PA
My love for Silent Hill began and ended with Silent Hill in 1999. Then my like began with the sequels.

Post subject:

I had built a new computer, and was browsing for a game to play that would take advantage of my new system. SH3 had just come out, there was a cute girl on the cover, and I thought if the game looked half as good as the box artwork it would be cool.
My first experience with SH3 is forever burned into my brain; lost in the nightmare shopping mall at 3:30 in the morning with the dogs howling in the background . I called in sick to work and played till 11 AM, napped for four hours, and got up again and played until 2:30 at night . Better than sex :wink:
The Silent Hill games have somewhat spoiled horror movies for me; it's so much more intense when you are participating in the action.
I bought SH4 next, which I still haven't finished (nuff' said), then SH2, which I really enjoyed. I finally bought SH1 a few months ago, and borrowed a friend's PS1. I thought the primitive graphics would be a disappointment, but that wasn't the case at all. Great atmosphere, great story; I can't think of anything bad to say about the game except for some rather flat voice acting.

The Silent Hill games also helped to crystalize a fascination with the decay of man-made things that had been lurking in my subconscious ever since I saw the movie "Logan's Run" as a child, back in the 1970's.
I have an intense desire to see Nature knock humanity into a more humble posture, and reclaim a 'world despoiled by mankind'.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2006
Notes left: 143
Last seen at: Devon
Beileve it or not i first played SH 4 in my girlfriends house, in the dark on my own, as she was out in a play. i was bored and i looked through her brothers games and saw silent hill 4 there. i had heard about the games so i thought sure why not. i was needless to say rather scared.
when her and her brother got back we all played it until the early hours of the morning, and were all happy for ever and ever. i have since completed silent hill 4 and 2 several times.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 May 2005
Notes left: 119
Last seen at: The Tainted Town
I had always seen SH3 at my Blockbuster. So, I decided to rent it (even though my mother would've disapproved).

And it all went uphill from there.

Just recently, I got my little sis to play the games. Now she wants to see the movie. :mrgreen:

It's a Fleetwood Mac thing, you wouldn't understand.

Procrastinators of the world unite... tomorrow!!

~~
Thanks to my little sis for the avatar!!

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Mar 2004
Notes left: 3526
Last seen at: Waco, Texas
The PS underground CD-rom had the Trailer for "Silent Hill"....I heard one note from the music and fell in love.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jan 2006
Notes left: 217
Last seen at: .au
Archaeis wrote:
I first got Silent Hill 2 at Blockbuster
Thats where I found my copy of SH1 for AU$10. Just bought a mint condition one (including all inserts) off ebay for AU$30 (after postage). I know my crusty second hand video store copy works just fine, but from a collectors point of view, I just had to buy it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Feb 2006
Notes left: 246
Last seen at: Canada
My best friend told me that Sean Bean (one of our favourite actors) was going to be in a movie called Silent Hill. She recalled her stepdad playing it a few years ago, and she said from her memory that it was " SO COOL!"

The way she described it [SH1] was that:

' You run around in this creepy little town where it's all foggy. And you can never get out. If you go past the city limits you just end up right back in the town, only its an alternate version of the town. And if you had a friend in the first version of the town, in the next version they will try to kill you'.

But of course she had seen this when it first came out and she was younger.

So then we rented SH 4 and thats where my love began!

...are my screams just a whisper?

Post subject:

I First got in to silent hill when my dad brought a playstation. he brought playstation magazine wth a demo. that demo featured silent hill 1.
i was hooked. i went and brought the game the next day and completed it in a few days, i was hooked. everytime a new version was released i was first in line to purchase it.
obviously im really excited about the film though im quite nervouse it wont live up to my expectations. i wasnt to please with the room so does anyone no if there any other games being made?

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Sep 2003
Notes left: 744
Last seen at: the happiest place on earth, michigan
Mine started when I rented Silent Hill 2 when it first came out... Then I lived the magic in the first one. And I eventually became an addict.

True love, I tell ya. :)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2006
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: Lakeside Amusement Park
Silent hill 3. I saw a trailer for it online that showed at E3. I played 1 for like 10 minutes and was so confused at what to do because it was like nothing I'd ever played. So I bought 3 later that month and then I never looked back.

Heather: Hell if I know.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
SH3 was my first SH love. I played SH1 before but I didn't finish it due to I was rather young and I got really scared. I was lured again by the graphics of SH3, then I rediscovered SH1 and fell in love with SH2. And ever since, I'm hooked.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Mar 2006
Notes left: 254
Twas a dark and stormy night.......

My friend had just thrown up.

'Wherefore dost thou vomit so, good sir?' quoth I.

'Marry, tis a game of horror that hath sticken thus my soul' my friend replied.

'A game?' quoth I, 'Methinks the heroin hath been mightily with you this night sir, for surely this trail of goodly vomit is the issue of no simple game!'

'Then place a wager on thy idle words,' snapped he, 'And play thou this simple game that in the bosom of Lucifer didst procure.'

'By heaven I shall do it!' retorted I.

And then followed a night of mindless of panic as I ran around the town like an idiot.

The next night I spent about 12 hours running around the dark silent hill before the school, without a clue where to go.

The next night I got to the hospital and stood in a room with the knife, gently swaying back and forth. I think I did genuinely go insane that night.

The next three days were spent running around the dark silent hill after the mall, chased by about 20 dogs and 12 flying things which I had aggroed along the way. When I saw Lisa again I actually kissed the screen and wanted to marry her :oops:

Then the sewer..................utterly terrifying. I didn't know what the things on the ceiling were - I thought they were giant bats. I felt my ribs breaking under the pressure of my heartbeat.

Ran straight past the Kaufmann subquest. Did the lighthouse and then learned that I had to go through another sewer. I turned off the game and refused to play it any longer.

The next night I was tortured by dreams of Cybil. How could I have left her like that, her fate hanging in the balance. And so the next morning I resolved to save her and braved the sewer once again. I got to the Amusment Park and, with a tear in my eye, was forced to killed my beloved Cybil and watch her wretch around on the floor in a pool of blood.

With vengenace in my heart I got to Nowhere and horded a small armoury full of ammunition, ready for the last fight. Then I had to watch Lisa wretch around in a pool of blood. All trace of compassion and forgiveness was erased from my wounded heart.

And finally, with ampoules shoved into every orifice of my body, I had to fill my own daughter full of lead. I concluded that the creators of this game had a thing against women. But, I thought to myself, at least I'm alive.

The final cutscene appeared. My screams echoed through the night........

Post subject:

Posted on a locked thread so here goes again :)

I picked up the original back in '2000 almost a year after its initial release after reading about it in LOTS of magazines and on the net I decided to give it a try since I thought it might be a good alternative to my then Favored Resident Evil series.

I remember being enthralled with Silent Hill 1 like no other videogame since the original Legend of Zelda on NES waaaaay back in the day.
Its storyline and atmosphere was so far beyond what had been seen up to that day in any Resident Evil/Alone in the Dark type game it really blew me away and Ive luved the Silent Hill series ever since.

NOW Silent Hill is still my single favorite videogame series right alongside the "other" Konami masterpiece Metal Gear (solid) and RE is a far distant 3rd.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Jan 2005
Notes left: 1696
Last seen at: Калинингра́д, Россия
It happened for me one day when I had just gotten home from school.

A commercial came on the television showing a man in a green-tinted room freaking out over the TV in his small room, and then cutscenes from SH1 were shown.

I had to have this game. So since 1999: pure addict.

Post subject:

Well, my total coffee addicted gamer stepdad bought me SH2 about 3 years ago, but I was too afraid to play it. Then me and my friend beat it and liked it, but then I moved. I introduced my GF to it, and we beat it. Became so addicted, beat 3 and 4 and sold half my dreamcast games to buy 1 at Game Crazy. I waited like a month for it and still haven't played it. But Im going to tomorrow.

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Mar 2006
Notes left: 418
my grandma's brother gave me a copy of silent hill 2 although i wanted the game i didn't know he owned it. For my birthday he gave me it along with 9 other ps2 games. Last week he gave me silent hill 1 hurrah. I wanted to check out how scary the game was from an early age when i saw the first review in my official playstation magasine but was to scared to play the demo :oops:

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 207
I got into silent hill from the demo that was distributed with the european release of metal gear solid. Bought the actual game on it's release date, sold it after completing it because I found it stresful. Kidna wish I hadn't... :D

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Apr 2006
Notes left: 73
Last seen at: your mom's pants
i got SH1 for christmas after it came out....that was a fun christmas break. ever since then i've been buying each one as it came out - only wish i had the money to be each version ever made :twisted: mwahhaaa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next