Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Jun 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Sep 2007
Notes left: 1030
Last seen at: Brisbane, Australia.
I first played Silent Hill 3 some time around my 18th birthday. I had just been given the Play Station 2 for Christmas and had always wanted to play that "creepy looking game in the video store". 8)

H+

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Nov 2008
Notes left: 70
Last seen at: Silent Hill
When I first played SH2. I just fell in love right away :P

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Sep 2007
Notes left: 1030
Last seen at: Brisbane, Australia.
Silent Hill 2 is slowly growing on me. I am not saying that I did not originally like it but I certainly love it now. :P

H+

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Nov 2007
Notes left: 106
Last seen at: Jakarta
well, since I played the first silent hill 10 years ago

My cousin bought it and gave it to me because he knew I really like RE at the time... I play it and actually like the atmosphere and the gameplay, the only thing I hate at the time was the camera angle but I finished the game twice. The game isnt just about a cheap scare every once in a while but has a deep story

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 07 Aug 2009
Notes left: 51
When I first saw a video demo for SH1 on an Official Playstation Magazine demo disc.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Oct 2009
Notes left: 23
Last seen at: NJ
Waaaaaay back in 1999 or so, when the very first Silent Hill game came out. I was big into Resident Evil back then [I still am too, but I digress. xD;] and when I read the previews and everything about Silent Hill 1 I was super excited to play it. I got it on launch day, popped it into my playstation... and was never the same since.

The atmosphere, the music, the camerawork... just everything about the first game pulled me in and took hold of me. It scared me out of my mind and I completely fell in love with it. Resident Evil may have introduced me to horror, but Silent Hill is what got me to love it. And the first game is still my absolute favorite in the entire series. :D

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Oct 2008
Notes left: 66
Last seen at: Memphis, TN
Ever since I saw the first Silent Hill game when I was a kid

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Sep 2009
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Centennial Building
Mine actually started with the Silent Hill Movie.
My brother had it on his hard disk, from which i saw it, its like 2 ago.
I was so captivated by the strange monsters and okward(?) storyline.
Also i found this movie so great, cause it got me scared without any "BOO-Scream" momonts, and only visuals. After surfing a bit about, i found out Silent Hill was a game :P
And from then on, i was in love with Silent Hill...

"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 Sep 2009
Notes left: 475
Last seen at: Behind the pipes
I might have said already, but SH2 was the first one I actually completed. Loved the story and atmosphere, but hated the combat and camera.

I never actually finished the first game personally until they put it on the PS3. Of course I'd watch my friend do the school a hundred times (hate that place.) and knew about the endings and all that. It was a little shorter than I expected. :?

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Oct 2009
Notes left: 310
I played the first Silent Hill when I was nine years old.

My brother's friend Richard brought it over, but he and my brother were busy playing the N64 that he had also brought over. I saw them playing it a little bit, but they weren't fighting any monsters, and there was nothing particularly disturbing about it. In fact, I rather liked both snow and fog, so I decided to see what it was all about.

I got to the piano puzzle in Midwich Elementary School, and I couldn't sleep for two weeks. I couldn't even really stand to be alone in my room.

I remember when the second game was announced, my friend Kurt was obsessed with it. He would watch all the trailers over and over again, and plastered imagery from the game all over everything, and this scared the fuck out of me. Naturally, he made fun of me. By this, I was drawn so much to overcome my fear of the first game that I bought the second as soon as it came out. It instantly became my favorite game (despite still being terrifying as fuck to me at first), and I still play it regularly. Now, I'm absolutely obsessed with Silent Hill, almost to the detriment of my health. It's funny how much things turned around.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
I'd heard of it before, but nothing more than name recognition. A friend on a forum was interested in the movie, and from there I got interested in it; I played most of SH3 before I saw the movie, and I'm finally getting through the rest of the series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10